S OF LEMUEL ELLIS ALSUP
1. LEMUEL ELLIS1 ALSUP was born in 1858 in Pontotoc Co, MS. He died on 18 Jun 1892 in Galveston, TX. He married (1)ELLA ORLENA ALSUP on 27 Jan 1881 in Pontotoc, MS, daughter of Daniel Alsup and Frances Harriet Jett. She was born on 18 Aug 1865 in Pontotoc Co, MS. She died on 29 Jun 1958 in Gorman, TX. He married (2) ANNIE LEE CARPENTER. She was born on 04 Jul 1878 in Belton, Bell Co, TX. She died on 27 Dec 1956 in Austin, TX.
Notes for Lemuel Ellis Alsup:
Galveston Daily News-Galveston Texas (June 30 1892)
Temple, Texas> June 20 1892 > L. E. Alsup who was taken to Galveston by Dr. Tally for an operation, died Tuesday night at 12:30. The surgical operation in removing a cancer from the stomach was skillfully preformed. He was buried in Belton this morning. He was about 33 years old, and leaves a wife and two children. He was well known and stood well in the estimation of the community.
Notes for Ella Orlena Alsup:
Ella Orlena Porter, died June 29, 1958, at the home of Mrs. Helen Claxton, Gorman, Texas, at the age of 95 years, 5 months and 11 days. She was daughter of Daniel Allsup and Fannie Jett. She was a housewife and was widowed. Informant: Helen R. Claxton
Lemuel Ellis Alsup and Annie Lee Carpenter had the following children:
2. i. ZINN TALLEY2 ALSUP was born on 10 Oct 1890 in Temple, TX. She died on 02 Nov 1970 in Austin, TX. She married GEORGE HARVEY NORTON on 05 Jul 1917 in Washington, DC. He was born about 1883. He died on 20 Dec 1941 in Houston, TX.
3. ii. MINNIE M. ALSUP was born on 30 Jun 1891 in Temple, Bell, TX. She died in Sep 1972 in Houston, TX. She married JESSE OWEN YEARGAN in 1915 in prob TX. He was born on 07 May 1886 in TX. He died in Nov 1969 in San Antonio, TX.
2. ZINN TALLEY2 ALSUP (Lemuel Ellis1) was born on 10 Oct 1890 in Temple, TX. She died on 02 Nov 1970 in Austin, TX. She married GEORGE HARVEY NORTON on 05 Jul 1917 in Washington, DC. He was born about 1883. He died on 20 Dec 1941 in Houston, TX.
Notes for Zinn Talley Alsup:
Zinn Tallie Alsup was born on 10 October 1890 at Temple, Bell Co., TX.2,1 She was the daughter of Lemuel Ellis Alsup and Annie Lee Carpenter.1 Zinn Tallie Alsup married George Harvey Norton, son of Charles Harrison Norton and Laura Adelaide Lillie, on 5 July 1917 at Methodist Parsonage, Washington, DC.3 Zinn Tallie Alsup and George Harvey Norton were divorced. Zinn Tallie Alsup died on 2 November 1970 at Four Season Nursing Home, Austin, Travis Co., TX, at age 80; Breast
Cancer.2,4 She was buried on 4 November 1970 at Belton Cemetery, Belton, Bell Co., TX.4 Zinn Tallie Alsup also went by the name of Sissy Alsup.
The State of Texas has two different delayed birth certificates on file. The earliest one filed shows a birth date of 10 Oct 1891; the second 10 Oct 1890. The Social Security Administration accepted the 1890 date. Sissy was the younger of the two sisters by two years but their birth dates as accepted by the Social Security Administration would show Sissy as the oldest. Someone must have been fudging their age. She was listed in the 1920 census as 25; by 1930 she had gotten younger again, 32.
Died at the Four Seasons Nursing Home in Austin, Dr. Welch attending. She had been admitted on 8-7-1970. SSAN 449-30-8536. The death certificate from the Texas Department of Health states that she died of Carcinoma of Breast metastatic to liver. She was buried in the Belton Cemetery by Morris Holmann of the Hyltin-Manor Funeral Home of Austin, Lot 285 (Alsup lot), 404 N. Main.
George Harvey Norton and Zinn Talley Alsup had the following child:
i. NAN ALSUP3 NORTON was born on 28 Nov 1919 in Los Angeles, CA. She died on 16 Oct 1988 in McKinney, TX. She married (1) JAMES VICK. She married (2) HARRY CLAUDE II MOORE. He was born about 1918.
3. MINNIE M.2 ALSUP (Lemuel Ellis1) was born on 30 Jun 1891 in Temple, Bell, TX. She died in Sep 1972 in Houston, TX. She married JESSE OWEN YEARGAN in 1915 in prob TX. He was born on 07 May 1886 in TX. He died in Nov 1969 in San Antonio, TX.
Notes for Jesse Owen Yeargan: Birth date per WW1 Draft Card
Jesse Owen Yeargan and Minnie M. Alsup had the following children:
i. JESSE O. II3 YEARGEN was born on 26 Nov 1915 in Dallas, TX. He died on 16 Oct 2004 in San Antonio, TX.
Notes for Jesse O. II Yeargen:
Dallas Morning News, The (TX) – October 23, 2004 Deceased Name: YEARGAN JR. JESSE O.
YEARGAN JR., JESSE O. died in San Antonio on October 16, 2004 after a short illness. He will be interred beside his wife, Wanda Neal Yeargan, at Laurel Land at 1:30 on October 22, 2004. There will be a short graveside service. J.O., as he was known, was born in Dallas on November 26, 1915, and graduated from Sunset High School in 1933. A railroad man, he conducted troop trains for the Santa Fe during WWII, and afterward started his own travel agency in Dallas. He and Wanda were among the first members of the Wedding Ring Class at Tyler Street Methodist Church, and were also active in the Dallas Junior Chamber of Commerce and the Boy Scouts. J. O. was preceded in death by his parents, Jesse O. and Nanny Mae Yeargan, and by his brothers, Harold and Bill. His children, Randall L. Yeargan of Duncanville and Wanda Cecil Krezdorn of San Antonio, survive him. He had six grandchildren, Lisa Yeargan Hendricks, Catherine and Michael Yeargan, and James and Dennis Cecil and Kara Cecil Billings. Zachary Kyle Hendricks is his great grandson.
ii. BILLY YEARGEN was born on 22 Oct 1924 in TX. He died on 27 Jun 1999 in Houston, TX. He married in 1915.
iii. HAROLD LEE YEARGEN was born on 30 Oct 1930 in Dallas, TX.